The UUCM Forum is best used for some purposes and not for others. This guidelines describe what content is appropriate on the Forum.
Examples of APPROPRIATE Forum subject matter are:
- Recommendations/discussions of books, film, music
- Announcements of community activities/events outside of UUCM
- Announcements of personal events
- Offers of items/services
- Requests for assistance
- Requests for wanted items/services
- Joys, Sorrows, or member care updates
- Social justice issues
- Spiritual ideas, concepts, philosophies
- Discussions about topics of mutual interest
Examples of INAPPROPRIATE Forum subject matter are:
- Announcements intended to reach ALL UUCM congregation members and friends. To reach ALL members and friends with an announcement or reminder about official UUCM activities, please contact a committee chairperson or a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Complaints about people (individuals, committee members, the minister, Board of Trustees members, and/or staff)
PLEASE NOTE: Your interest in the workings of UUCM is always welcomed. If you have specific comments, thoughts, issues, concerns, or suggestions about UUCM’s workings you’d like to share, please directly contact the appropriate committee chairperson or a member of the Board of Trustees, rather than posting on the Forum.
- Posts or comments that are: racist, sexist, homophobic, vulgar, or incendiary
In addition, the following guidelines govern use of the Forum:
- User Agreement (click here to view)
- Moderation Guidelines (click here to view)