Covenant of Right Relations
Recognizing that conflict is normal in human relations and wishing to relate to others as harmoniously as possible, I sincerely intend to:
- Treat others with kindness, empathy and respect.
- Communicate with patience, flexibility, and a willingness to negotiate in the spirit of meeting as many needs as possible.
- Be aware of my own thoughts, feelings, and needs, and share them directly and honestly with others, without judgment or blame.
- Invite and listen to all points of view, respecting others’ feelings and needs and encouraging minority opinions.
- Take responsibility for my own mental, emotional, and spiritual balance, asking for support when I need it.
- Be mindful of the needs of the group as a whole, mourning together when individual needs cannot be met.